Although tooth loss can be extremely scary to some, there are a minor group of individuals, probably hockey fans, who find missing teeth as endearing or liken it to a badge of honor. However, no such views exist for halitosis. Halitosis, commonly called bad breath, can take even the most perfect evening with a loved one and destroy it in an instant. If you’re on a first date, it can be a game breaker and put an end to what otherwise could have been a happily ever after.
Don’t let bad breath ruin your day, and possibly your future too. Listed below are common guidelines everyone should follow:
– Avoid bad breath by always brushing and flossing daily.
– Bad breath may be caused by a more serious condition, such as respiratory tract infections, liver disease, or gum disease. If your bad breath persists, schedule an oral examination with your dentist.
– Keep your teeth and gums clear of plaque buildup and food residue.
– One of the best products for bad breath is a mouthwash or cleanser designed for freshness.
– A dry mouth increases the risk for bad breath. Avoid medications or products that can cause bad breath.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Cedar Pointe Family Dentistry to check if you are suffering from bad breath. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Ryan H. Wilson and our team at our dentist office in Farmington, New Mexico, please call us at (505) 327.0044. The smile of your dreams is only a visit away!